Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Second Coming

You know there is all that talk about the world ending in 2012, Nostradamus and the Aztecs and all that ooga booga shit.

It's wrong. The world is ending in 2010. The universe has spun onto its head, and nothing is as it was. I'm taking to quoting Yeats, the centre cannot hold. et cetera.

I'm now facing the prospect of having 2 boyfriends. In 49 effing years on planet Earth this has never happened. My sister says it's like an Archie comic, and I'm dating at Riverdale High.

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world.

Nickname Pending has informed from under the pile of papers on his desk, that the first available day where he can escape his overworked, stressed-out job is a day just for us.

Meanwhile, the Big Bosnian with whom I saw the John Woo movie last month, has resurfaced with a supplicating email. We must meet for coffee and there I will tell him if I want him. He hopes so.

"The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned; "

Wow, I'd forgotten how much I love this poem.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

fall for the rich guy....oh and stable would be good too. Just go with your gutt (or loins).

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

What if neither is rich? Do I ask to verify bank accounts, quarterly investment statements, gold bars hidden under bed?

cityofmushrooms said...

gotta love those supplicating e-mails

Susieq said...

If the Bosnian bloke is so keen, where's he been for the last month? Dating other women off craigslist? I hate to imply that he has contacted you because the others didn't come up to scratch....but....

Or maybe he was away somewhere for Xmas.....thats a nicer thought!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

He was in Ontario on some family crisis and then, yes, it was Xmas so he stayed there. Not to worry, I intend to get to the bottom of his excuse when we meet again.

Right now, Nickname Pending is far more open about everything in his life, so he's in the lead.