Monday, January 25, 2010

Public service announcement

I have just had a bowl of Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup.

It was the worst, blandest, most lame soup I have ever tasted. Bar none.

I had far tastier soups on the several occasions I joined my mother for lunch in the nursing home. I kid you not.

Avoid this soup at all costs. Save the $2.59.

I'm still trying to get the taste of bleh out of my mouth.

But, being a hoarder, I have saved the second half of the can, hoping to use it to make some kind of sauce or something. It will need a lot of spices, peppers, life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken pot pie honey!

cityofmushrooms said...

don't mess w/the mushroom

Anonymous said...

Yep. Turns out there's a reason canned soup is about 50% salt: Because it tastes good. I was buying low salt soup and trying to make it taste like something by glopping it up with hot sauce until it occurred to me that hot sauce is about 80% salt.

(Crossposted at The Readers Digest: Chris Kelly is Old; Does the Funniest Things)