Friday, January 08, 2010

Slept a little

Managed to sleep from 1:00 until 7:00. I feel a bit recovered, but my eyes still look something like the Grinch's heart, two sizes too small.

An afternoon nap is on the menu.

This morning I have to finish packing away the Xmas tree and decorations. Joseph's head still needs to be glued back on, and Mary is still MIA after 4 days. I can't find her anywhere.

My search for the missing BVM has led me to realize that also on the agenda for this morning is vacuuming under every piece of furniture. It's not decluttering per se, but it's enough housecleaning to qualify for a good deed under Resolution No. 8.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't get enough of the nativity scene's demise story. So funny.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

11:30 update. Joseph's head is back on his shoulders. I can't find a clamp. He's supposed to be clamped for 30 mins. But he just gets to stand there with his head on because I have no clamp.

Mary was recovered under the bookcase behind a larger ornament that had been rolled in there too. (Is this a metaphor for a metaphor i.e. the stone rolling away and Jesus's resurrection???)

And there are no more dust bunnies under any of the living room furniture. I have earned my lunch!
bon appetit. If I don't see an image of Jesus, Mary or Joseph in my pasta, there is no God.

cityofmushrooms said...

you THINK the BVM was lying there all that time--but in fact she had tele-transported herself to chuck norris' house where she waggled her finger at him and told him to mind his P's and Q's on women's issues-and then she effortlessly tele-ported back to under your bookshelf where she was, no doubt, browsing the titles since she was (according to the painters of the northern renaissance anyway) very well read

Anonymous said...

Being a non-Catholic...it has taken me some time to figure out what BVM stood for...I had the Mary part down no problem, but for a while I thought the BV meant Blue-Veiled.

JAW fan

On the positive side, I never once for a second ever thought "Bodaciously Voluptuous"