Sunday, January 17, 2010

Look No Further!

(Alternative title: You the reader thinks: I had no idea she was this dumb.)

Do you want to read about the biggest nitwit in the world??? You've come to the right place!!!

About 5 years ago, I got a cellphone. It was only for emergencies, driving on the highway, etc. 99% of the time, it sits on the shelf. I never have it with me. I basically never bothered to figure out how it works. I buy cards when I need to put some minutes on it, which ain't often.

At Xmas, I told my family I was thinking of upgrading at long last, for two reasons: 1) I can't text from this phone and it is time to join the texting world, and 2) my 5-year old phone is embarrassingly old and primitive looking.

Yesterday, I'm examining the phone to try to understand how it works...after 5 years. I find the missed call log, and I am deleting calls from last summer. I see one of the calls is from Bell, and it is a missed text message.

I press the button and, shazam, there's a text message on the screen. I've had texting all along and didn't know. How dumb is that? So I asked a friend to text me when she got home (after we saw Mr. Clooney). And, voila, there was her text.

I tried to respond but ended up calling her by accident. So I haven't figure out how to send a text yet, but I may attempt that today. But what's the hurry, I'm already 5 years late.

Update: I sent 3 text messages today. I'm a 21st century gal.



2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I thought only 14 yr olds knew how to text

LLJ said...

That is kinda sad. Even I text, in fact I have a fancy keyboard that slides out because I need a keyboard even if I have forgotten to use complete words or sentences.