Sunday, January 03, 2010

Resolution No. 3, Part Deux

Pigs are flying.
Hell has frozen over solid.


I had 2, count 'em, 2 dates this weekend. Thank you, craigslist.


Craigslist is indeed full of pervs, creeps, nakeds, speedos and general weirdos (i.e. friends of Mitch D. fer instance) but with a decent bull**** detector and some patience, it is possible to uncover a few decent men.


Today I met another, Nickname Pending, and he was a doll. But the polar opposite of the gentleman last night. They had only one thing in common: Both of them helped me put on my coat. Last night, it was clear this was Standard Operating Procedure for the nice older man. Today, when Nickname Pending, helped me with my coat he said "I saw this in a movie once". I'm such a pushover for goofy guys with funny lines.

5 comments:

llj said...

Well go you! I'm sure this must cancel out some other resolution that isn't going to get met......

cityofmushrooms said...

2010: isn't this the year we collide w/mars?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Have you heard? It's in the stars.

If I keep seeing Nickname Pending, I'll have to work on Resolution No. 8. He's a neat freak and is appalled that I am a hoarder.

cityofmushrooms said...

what a swell party
(of course the great iggy and debra harry version is in my head now)

Anonymous said...

it sounds like a match! I mean that's what couples do, balance one another (so in our case, Mr. Hoarder has to keep his stuff downstairs in his one allotted room or else I'm going to lose it!)