Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Monday Nite was Non-Date Nite

I did not meet the purring Persian last night. We were in the same tiny pub and did not find each other. I'm about ready to throw in the towel on this whole romantic male box crap.

I had told him to please be on time because I am very uncomfortable by myself in a bar or pub. I told him I'd arrive around 7:10. I got there at 7:15. I looked around. No Persian.So I sat at a table and watched the door. No Persian. So I left.

Meanwhile, a few metres away....

The Persian was sitting at the bar, watching the hockey game, and found himself surrounded by 3 "over-friendly" guys. I did indeed notice these 4 guys sitting at the bar and talking loud, but since I was looking for one guy alone, I didn't pay attention to them. I certainly didn't walk up and eye them to see if any of them was the Persian.

So he didn't see me sitting near the door of the pub, and I didn't see him at the bar. Today he says "I thought you'd be sitting at the bar". Yep, sure, me and seven men, just watching the game.

Moral of the story: Do not "date" in the 21st Century unless you are both carrying cell phones with each other's numbers programmed into them. Lesson learned.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

how dark WAS this bar?