Friday, January 22, 2010

I protest, you protest, he protests, she shops for bargains

My colleague is asking me to attend the anti-Harper, anti-prorogation rally tomorrow.

I'm tempted, but it's going to be minus 7!

I know Harper thinks he's Stalin, and this cannot continue, but minus 7 is cold.

Here was my sister's take on the matter. The rally is being held downtown, and The Bay is downtown and The Bay is having a sale where all previously marked-down items are another 30% off. Therefore, according to her logic, I should protest Stalin first and shop for bargains later.

Remember that great sale back at the begining of the year where I got three pairs of pants for the office for $50. Well, what if I can get even more pants for about $35? In sister's mind, this is a great opportunity to protest the government and SAVE!

Brother-in-law has already written a letter to his MP, so they are in full anti-Harper mode right now. And it's 30% off.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

sorry to get all western canada on your a**-
but MINUS 7 is a problem???

Brian Busby said...

C'mon, minus seven isn't that cold for a Montrealer. We've all stood in colder weather, cold beer in cold hands, at the St. Patrick Day parade.

Anonymous said...

30% off at the Bay...Big Deal!...It's not like there's a sale at Penny's.

JAW fan