Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The only good thing to come out of the Haitian tragedy

Our offices are closed on Monday. We all get the day off!

The Canadian govt has organized a high-level, super-duper meeting on Haitian reconstruction. And it is going to be held in our building. So us minions have been told to stay off the premises, for security reasons.

In a way, I'm a bit disappointed. Hilary Clinton will be attending, and it would've been exciting to see her in person, maybe take a picture. As my colleague said "You can always stand across the street trying to get a glimpse and get picked off by a police sniper." There IS that option.

I now have dreams that I am going to accomplish SO MUCH in that one unexpected, bonus day off. I will follow ALL my New Year's Resolutions!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What if Hilary hits on your Scottish guy while you're not there?...Or is he a minion as well?

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

He's minion. We are all minions.

The chef in the cafeteria is so disppointed they are closing the whole building. Imagine cooking for those people, he exclaimed starry-eyed.