Thursday, December 31, 2009

The two poles of The Bay

I went to The Bay after my half-day's work.

First in ladies wear, I was delighted to find 3 items of work clothes that fit. Any short woman who works in an office and needs clothes will tell you that finding pants/slacks/whatever you call them that fit without hemming (or hawing) is the Holy Grail. And finding 3 pairs? Well, I think I heard the Halleljuah Chorus thundering through the changing room. I happily went to pay.

The cashier at ladies wear was the sourest sour puss I have ever met in my life. In fact, I can now declare her Miss Sourest Sour Puss of 2009. So miserable. I was tempted, as I stepped away with my bag, to tell her if she hates her job that much she should just quit. Just quit, lady. Just leave now.

But then I went to the optical counter (la "lunetterie") to buy new specs and was served by the sweetest young lady in the world. Sweet Alice from Lunetterie. She was so gentle and nice, she made me immediately forget all about that miserable beeeoitch on the 3rd floor. Thanks Alice. New glasses will be ready in just over 2 weeks.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

ah, la lunetterie! you mtlers are so poetical-like

Susieq said...

I sympathise with the pants problem - here, a chain store (do you have Target over there?) have pants in long leg, medium and short leg - all with colour coded labels.....manna from heaven!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

We don't have Target here. We have to go to the USA for Target. It's a good store. I always stock up on birthday cards when I shop there because they have so many and they are different from the ones we get at home.

llj said...

Susie you must have fancy pants Target. I have several Targets to choose from and they do not say short medium or long. Which if your tall like I am is a pain.

I mean yes I'm going to try them on, but nothing more frustrating than finding cute pants that fit everywhere else but are practically capri length on me : (