Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm alive

I survived and enjoyed the movie. It's big, it's an epic, it's Chinese. It's a big Chinese epic. Lots and lots of blood, and more spears, catapults and arrows than anyone can count. More dead bodies too. And typhoid as a weapon. Wily.

My date was a very nice fellow. There was no lurve connection, but he seemed smart and interested in history. I'd see another movie with him but I don't expect to hear from him again. Alas.

I guess I can rate my craigslist adventure as a success. I don't know if I want to go through it again, tho. I had two new emails when I got home tonight. Talk about trying your luck at the last minute.

3 comments:

Susieq said...

Good, you survived!!! No need to issue any alerts then. So, not even friends then??

cityofmushrooms said...

and no speedos, sound like

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Friends would be okay, but it's too early to tell. The problem with going to a movie with someone new is that you don't actually talk because you're watching the movie. We'll have to see what happens.