Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Spirit...NOT

At an office party here, one of the ladies got drunk. It happens. (No, it was not me, and I didn’t attend the party in question.)

The following day, she called in sick. People chuckled because everyone knew she was hungover. It happens.

One of her colleagues, who is a superior, BUT NOT her supervisor, was upset about her taking a “sick day” over this. So he went to HR and told them she should have to take a vacation day and not a sick day because she was hungover.

What kind of Anal Retentive Hung-up Control Freak does this?

And he’s a young guy, Canadian, early 30s, not some old foreign fuddy duddy. I can’t get over it. Has he never had a hangover? Does he not know the way one feels the morning after a booze up is “sick”? Who care if it is self-inflicted. You’re still feeling sick. And it’s the Holidays for heaven’s sake!!

What an asshole.

I don’t even know him, but when I see him in the elevator now I think “You are a huge asshole”.

1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

WWDDD?*

(what would don draper do?)