Thursday, December 31, 2009

It's the end of the year as we know it

Happy New Year to Australia. Oh, and it's too hot to go out? T.F.B. is all I can say. Oh, that's not nice, I know. But it's actually warm here by Montreal standards today, too. Maybe minus 2, that's not bad.

So another year is winding down (or arounding-up, as I like to say). What can I report? I actually had to do real work until 11:00, so now my work year is done.

I've put in another application to the outfit in London where I applied in 2008. Their acknowledgement stated clearly that "only successful applicants will be contacted". I think we know what that means.......(crickets chirping in the stillness of the night).

I have to work on my New Year's Resolutions now.... more lonely crickets...

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

minus 2?!! my thermometer said minus 30 when I went out for milk this AM--I chose to disbelieve it
(should my new year's resolution be to stop reverse bragging about ultra cold weather?I think maybe yes)

Susieq said...

Happy New Year to all!
I don't recall ever making a New Years resolution......who needs the added pressure?
Companies are so rude these days about recruitment!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Don't feel bad Ms Mushrooms. We are forecast to get 20 cm over the next 4 days. That's the downside of mild.
I love the "pressure" of resolutions. Not that I have ever kept one successfully.

cityofmushrooms said...

made to be broken, made to be broken