Sunday, February 15, 2009

Wimp Alert

After a few on-line chats over the weekend, I know I should've dumped Kumar this weekend. But I just couldn't do it on-line.

Is it hopelessly 20th Century of me to feel that dumping has to happen face-to-face? We've already had so many on-line chats that descended into arguments because of misunderstanding of tone and jokes that I just couldn't do the deed.

Now, I'm mad at myself and depressed. This is like being a kid and playing with a loose tooth. Just fiddling away, twisting it, instead of yanking the thing out once and for all. What a milquetoast I am. (I do believe that is the first time I have used this word on the blog, and I'm almost at 2,000 posts. It was far overdue. Such a great word.)

His excuse for not showing up today is that he got fatigued, and then developed some kind of rash, and went to the emergency at the CLSC where they told him he had a skin "reaction" to some form of wood. This after spending last night working in the family garage with his dad. It's such an elaborate tale of woe, in my wimpiness, and against my better judgement, I'm prone to believe him, but when I do, I loathe myself. He said: "When I come to see you, it's to have fun, not to make you sick". Indeed.

In other news, he claims he has got a job in Dubai, and is moving there is April. I'm thinking if I can just hang on until April without killing him, this whole silly affair will be over. If I don't make it to April, he won't get to "Dubai" and I'll be in jail for assault and battery and/or attempted homicide.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think its very nice not to break up online (over the phone maybe??). Do it now! Why put yourself through this until April?

Anonymous said...

find yourself another boyfriend. this one doesn't have the guts to break up with you and is trying to have you do the dirty deed. Lazy bastard.

Anonymous said...

I must be old fashioned too. I believe in doing it in person whenever possible.

I was seeing someone last year and our breakup was mutual and in person and dare I say it? Nice. Grownup even. Best breakup I ever had.

Alternatively. When Able Assistant and I split, I did it in person. We were supposed to remain friends but totally did not work. I broke off the friendship over the phone because I was too busy and his only free time was the middle of the night. It was logistically impossible to do so in person.

I guess your point is moot since he'll be leaving. But I'm a big believer in doing the right thing anyway. You have to train him for the next one!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

LLJ, thanks. He needs more training than one person can possibly provide.

Mrs. Anon: find another boyfriend? You say that like it's easy!

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking face-to-face is appropriate. It must be our age! We mature ladies believe in good manners, right?

Anonymous said...

Most of the time............