Thursday, February 19, 2009

Today in $$$ news, not my $$$

There seems to be a big story coming about how a Swiss bank is going to release the names of all the American Richie Richs who are using this Swiss bank to hide their money.

Call me dumb (please, don't) but hasn't this always been the whole point of Swiss banking? That it allows rich people to hide their money.

Which Swiss genius decided to destroy their whole banking-based economy by making it transparent?

Unless I am totally misunderstanding this story, somebody in the Swiss banking industry is dumber than I am.

I'm transferring my millions to the Caymans. So there.

In other money news, today I found I have a dime with King George on it. It's from 1938. That's pretty old. Maybe if I keep it for 20 more years (but not in a Swiss vault, they will squeal on me, those squealers) it will be worth 25 cents. My retirement fund.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dime will always be worth at least a dime. There's a comic book store on my commute, and I sometimes go in to look in the cheap racks at all the gunk that I thought would be worth a fortune when I used to own it and drag it around from apartment to apartment when I moved. It is not worth a fortune. It's worth about a dime.