Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rock-n-Roll all nite

I watched Obama’s speech last night. Boy, that Prez is a Rock Star. I’ve never seen a President sign so many autographs...in Congress. The crowd was going mental. For a political speech? About a recession? About how bad things are right now? It was bizarre. I was expecting to see someone’s panties go flying onto the podium. Congressmen squealing like teenyboppers at Elvis.

He slammed the previous administration hard. Niiiice.

Michelle Obama is gorgeous. I’m not a fashion watcher, but she’s got me hooked. Every big appearance by the President now has me asking: what is Michelle going to be wearing? She’s amazing.

Now. About the Republican rebuttal. I had heard that the Governor of la Louisiane is the “big hope” of the Republican party. Ohmygod. They are so dead. Stick a fork in ‘em, they’re done. What the hell was that? He almost skipped up to the microphone, tra la la, it was sooo weird. It’s not often I get to use the word “mincing”. But, yes, mincing. Then he spoke in his exaggerated way, like he was on Reading Rainbow or some other show for little kids. I cannot figure what that was all about. Weird and disturbing.

I’m trying to picture MPs in Parliament whooping and squealing and nearly fainting over Stephen Harper. Hmmm. I lack the imagination to go that far. In self-preservation my brain is blocking all attempts.

No comments: