Monday, February 09, 2009

I Warned Him

This is the kind of story I get to post in JAW Fan's absence. I thought only Canadians were meeting their maker in Mexico, but so are Americans!

More than 200 American citizens have been killed since 2004 in Mexico's escalating wave of violence, amounting to the highest number of unnatural deaths in any foreign country outside military combat zones, according to the U.S. State Department. (MSNBC)

Outside the combat zone. A weird way to put it.

Still, it would've been enjoyable to antagonize him with this before he left. But I'm sure he had enough on his mind just willing the plane to the stay in the air through the sheer force of his mind. His poor better-half. I think if you listen closely you can hear them bickering from here.

Mexico can try its best to be nasty and scary, but it is not even close to scoring the Top Spot in my Worst Country in the World standings. Pakistan will be difficult to unseat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is quite bad right now. I hesitate to add that alot of these murders are decapitations.

Oh and not just tourists, lots of Mexican Nationals are being killed willy-nilly. Plus there are kidnappings. It's very nuts right now.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Stay north of the border!

I'll bet Pat Buchanan loves every story about out-of-control Mexicans.