Sunday, February 01, 2009

One month of winter over

It's Pre-Groundhog Day! or Groundhog's Eve, if you will.

One month into 2009, let me review my progress on my New Year's Resolutions:

1) Declutter the house. Nothing to report on this front. I just can't throw anything out. I need psychological help in this regard. I'm not quite at the point where I will die pinned under a giant pile of old magazines that topples on top of me, so I still have a bit of breathing room in this regard.

2) Packing a lunch. Yay! Progress. Out of 20 working days, I brought a lunch 6 times. That's 30% of the time. I am amazing! Also, estimating the cost savings at approx. $4.00 per lunch, that's $24.00 saved. I am rich!

3) My unofficial NY's Resolution of losing weight. Also progress. I have lost 5 pounds! I am great! I want my doctor to love me when I see him in March, and I'm on the path to doctor's love. This is not to be confused with Dr. Love.

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

resolutions or not:
that dr love-
he has the cure you're thinking of

Anonymous said...

...and that 5 lbs lost might actually result from the 30% increase in bringing a lunch to work...Bag a healthy lunch every day and you can be in a size 1 come summer.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

...umm, that is providing you don't have a potato chip supper.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

re. decluttering, winter is the natural time for hoarding, hybernating so don't be so hard on yourself. Plan on getting rid of stuff in the spring (maybe you could just toss the mags over onto the neighbours lawn). way to go on the other 2 though! I am too spoiled. Someone at work always brings in lunch for me. She's become my best friend. tee hee.

Anonymous said...

p.s. maybe that explains why I can't take off any weight. I mean, sometimes I bring in my own lunch then of course we have a full course meal. not good.

Anonymous said...

Actually weight loss should be rewarded with a motivational poem:

You have lost 5 pounds of fat
And I am quite impressed by that.
Keep it up and you will see
Just how sexy you can be.
By the time the snow does melt,
You can be all sleek and svelte.
So, no more chips or tortellini
Then you can sport a mono-kini
Hell, give up all the food that's wrong
And walk around just in a thong.
'Cause when you're thin and not wearing drawers
Any wang you want is yours.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

This poem is truly frightening.