Saturday, February 14, 2009

Meow

Mr. Jaws had his follow-up today. His stitches are still in place. They will dissolve eventually, but are still holding firm for now. The swelling in his jaw is down significantly. 10 more days of antibiotics should leave him good as new.

He was well-behaved throughout his exam. I was not forced to play the embarrassed parent. He is such a good-natured fellow. He brings joy to all he encounters.

Weird thing. There is an assistant working at this vet who is the most androgynous person I have ever seen. Been thinking about him/her all day, and I still can't decide this person's gender. He/she held onto Mr. Jaws while the vet spritzed his gums. I held on too, so I was right next to this person, actually touching arm-to-arm, and I kept glancing at him/her, and I just couldn't be sure. The voice, the arms, the hands, the hair, the chest, nothing could give me a clue. It's Pat!

No comments: