Thursday, June 12, 2008

South Beach Demise

I saw my doctor today and he shook his head, and tsked tsked me.

Seems South Beach is not the right diet for me. He said I can stay on it for 2 to 3 weeks, but then I gotta give up the red meat, cheese and eggs that are staples of the South Beach way of life.

This is a first. Being told not to diet. Well, he didn't actually say that. He's still demanding to see some serious weight loss by October or his patience will officially run out.

I told my sis and she called my doctor a quote killjoy unquote. Enuf said.

4 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

of course if you lived in france, you'd be drinking plenty o red wine w/your red meat, stinky cheese, and farm fresh eggs then you'd grab an after dinner smoke and you'd get to live to 100

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Wouldn't bathe either.

Anonymous said...

man, my doctor doesn't ever question the weight but apparently pushes prozac. I once asked if it was normal to be so run down and dead weight in the morning (hoping for medical fix?) and was told it's just part of getting old and having kids! come to think of it, she's a killjoy too.
Ms. A.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Pushes prozac? I don't trust any doctor who jumps to such meds. Who needs prozac when there is white wine?