Monday, June 23, 2008

Enough of this

Another person I know died over the weekend. She was a work colleague who was in Russian class with me over a few years. We "studied" Russian over the lunch hour, but I never learned anything. I have a vocabulary of about 10 words.

Karandash = pencil. whoo hoo.

Anyway, she had cancer and didn't make it to 50.

This is the fourth person I know who has died in the past two months. Which leads me to ask:

What's with all this dyin' shit?

I'm fed up with it.

First my friend Linda, then a translator who worked on our floor, then my neighbour two doors down and now this. Enough. I've had enough.

Used to be, when I heard someone had died, it was somebody's parent. Now it's the people I know themselves. Frig.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As we get older I suppose? Not making 50 is scary (I'm 50 next year!!!!!)

cityofmushrooms said...

we'll always have g clooney who is not dead yet