Thursday, June 19, 2008

Let's talk about feet

More specifically, the severed feet that keep washing up on our western coastline.

Two more just this week.

What is up with this?

I had assumed, when these little feeties started appearing on the news, that they were bare feet. But no. They are severed feet in socks and shoes.

Where are they coming from?

My theory, and I'm sticking to it, is that there is a mad serial killer/foot severer on the loose in Japan, and he throws the severed feet into the ocean and now they are showing up in BC. This theory is based solely on the fact that I have seen entirely too many Takashi Miike movies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

if it weren't for the shoes, the feet would be nibbled up by the fish. I think "the others" are responsible...but are these feet from the past or the present?
Ms. A.

Anonymous said...

if it weren't for the shoes, the feet would be nibbled up by the fish. I think "the others" are responsible...but are these feet from the past or the present?
Ms. A.

Anonymous said...

Well, to quote the great line I read on-line regarding this story:

Now that Canada has switched to the metric system, we don't need feet.

JAW fan

1minutefilmreview said...

We're Miike fans too.

Anonymous said...

This is getting a lot of coverage here - we get hardly any stories here about Canada and this is one that we get. Apparently one of the feet was a 'hoax'? Very strange.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yeah. I heard that this morning. I think it was an animal's foot in a sneaker. Canadian pranksters. So amusing.