Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Rount-Up

1) I heard from the folks in London that my exam has been received there and is currently being corrected. This, at least, alleviates my fear that my papers fell into the Atlantic.

2) Seems to be lots of new news on our girl Julie and her boobs and her/their more recent connections to organized crime. Max still hasn’t surfaced. Where in the world in Max?

3) Euro2008 starts tomorrow. Ms. Mushrooms has a question for JAW Fan on this subject: How can he not be a fan of this veritable Man Fest? Any man-watcher worth her/his salt, has to watch soccer, especially Euro soccer. No?

4) Finally, out with the girls last night. In our group of seven (how Canadian), four were sober (including me, I had the car) and three got absolutely hammered. Seriously shit-faced. I then had to endure a drunken tirade from a good friend, about how “stoic” I always am, and how I never get drunk, and never “relax”. Oh, yes, I thought, that is so true. Never.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't "Stoic" your middle name? Or an I threatening your anonymity by posting this fact?

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Mushrooms:

1) In general, Euro/Australian rugby players are much hotter than soccer players...and they all huddle together and push and hug and grab and get me all a-twitter!

2) Baseball players, as a rule, are hotter than soccer plays, too. I think 'cause they've got more junk in the trunk.

3) Basketball players are unattractive...hockey players look like street brawlers...and then there's curlers.

JAW fan

Anonymous said...

Stoic and Frugal...It doesn't get any wilder than that!!!

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

If you are stoic, you don't complain. Gawd, all I do is complain. This blog wouldn't exist if I was stoic.

Anonymous said...

And I hope your're not paying too much attention to a 'drunken tirade' - we've all been on the end of those and handed out a few as well !!!

cityofmushrooms said...

JAW fan re: euro 2008--
try it you'll like it