Thursday, April 10, 2008

Yikes! I'm moving to another planet

The Canadian Cancer Society predicted yesterday that by 2010 (that's just 2 years from now, folks) one Canadian in two will have some form of cancer during their life. One in two. 50%. That's half of us. Is that clear enough?

Look around your workspace and count every second head. That's a lot of people. It's us and everyone we know.

This is alarming because in the past week I have learned of two serious cancer cases: one a friend, and one a work colleague. Both cases are grim.

How can I worry about cancer when I've got food shortages and food riots to worry about? My worrying brain is overloaded.

Stress and worry cause cancer, don't they? I'm doomed.

I'm gonna go look at pictures of cute baby polar bears. They're doomed too. D'oh. There's nowhere to hide!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am but a little fish in the ocean of life,
You could call me Nemo.
But now I find out that I've a one-in-two chance,
Of being exposed to Chemo.

Well, it is still poetry month, isn't it?

JAW Fan

cityofmushrooms said...

a poem a day keeps the cancer away

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

It's April 10. Any wagers on whether he can keep this going all month?