Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Mere 3 Hours Later...

My first load is hanging on the line. Situation functional, if not ideal. Translation: Yeah, there's a drippy tube, but that can be fixed after this weekend's washes are completed. Hooray.

Also, what happened to spring? We've gone from winter to summer with no transition in between. Well, it's not like Al Gore hadn't warned us. But it is rather disconcerting having the weather be so warm so fast.

My tulips have sprouted like some mutant creatures in a horror movie. Slow down, guys, slow down.

Also, the cats needed a lot of brushing this week. They were in a hurry to throw off their heavy winter coats, I guess. Shedding like crazy. Now they are chic and swell in their slim summer wear. And lying in the sun by the open windows. Open windows? Already? Yep.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

what happened to spring indeed!
it's snowing here...

Anonymous said...

And just a few weeks ago you were complaining about the cold!!! (shakes head). Never happy some people!!!!

Well, I got something new this weekend too - recently bought a new TV for the bedroom (with birthday money) and this weekend got cable connected. Is it a bit indulgent for a one person household to have a PC, 2 TV's, both with cable? (oh, and a fully functioning washing machine.....)

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

susie! I admire you. I"ve been talking about buying a new t.v. for months and months. But I'm a new technology phobe and I'm afraid I won't be able to hook up a new one, so I'm avoiding buying it. Maybe this week... Now that I've done the new washer purchase, I can bravely go the flat screen t.v.

Mushrooms,
what is it with your weather? It is insane. Nobody deserves that in mid-April! Not even Albertans!

cityofmushrooms said...

we are in a "snowfall warning" zone today-
blech!
below zero all week...

Anonymous said...

Well, its a little TV, (with a built in DVD player) not much bigger than a PC monitor and I managed to plug it in and get the DVD working. 'Cable guy' came on Saturday and did the rest.