Tuesday, April 01, 2008

More Fun with Finns

Regular readers of this blog know that nothing holds my interest like the sex lives of Finnish politicians. Fortunately for me, they get themselves in trouble on a regular basis.

From The Globe & Mail:

"HELSINKI — Finland's Foreign Minister Ilkka Kanerva lost his post Tuesday over a text message scandal involving an exotic dancer, party officials said Tuesday.

Mr. Kanerva initially denied magazine reports that he sent about 200 messages by cellphone to dancer Johanna Tukiainen. But last week he apologized publicly, acknowledging that he had sent some messages yet insisting they were all work-related.

According to Ms. Tukiainen, Mr. Kanerva asked what she was wearing under her evening dress."

Next time I run into the Scotsman I'll ask him what he wears under his kilt. It's a work-related question!

7 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

and a very important question it is

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even ask. I would just pretend to tie my shoe and sneak a peek...In fact, come to think of it, just lift up his kilt, look into his eyes, smile politely, and say "just checking."

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

This suggests he would be wearing a kilt at work. Which he wouldn't. Only in my fantasies. :(

Anonymous said...

I was wondering when you would get round to this story!!!
Are there any normal men in the world?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Define "normal".

Unknown said...

Hi,

Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the blog. We have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. Please contact me at ashishbaldua5@gmail.com to know more.

Thanks
Ashish Baldua

Anonymous said...

Define normal...well, I guess we all have a different interpretation of that don't we? But to my way of thinking, this is not normal.