Friday, April 18, 2008

Hockey News (apologies to JAW Fan, but it just has to get done)

While the whole city is watching the Canadiens and the Bruins, and the route numbers on our city buses light up to say “Go Habs Go”, and our fire stations are covered in Canadiens banners, and more than a few dog-walkers have little Canadiens capes for their faithful companions, I am also watching the Flyers and the Capitals, and it is a fantastic series. I even stayed up to watch double overtime last night. It was hair-raising. Unfortunately, though, Ovetchin hasn’t done anything yet and I fear the Caps are almost out. Too bad.

The Senators were mercifully put out of their misery quickly. Thank gawd. If they could’ve been eliminated in 3, that would’ve been even better, but you can’t change the rules.

I fear a big crack has opened up in the Canadiens’ armour. Price looked terrible last night. The pressure is finally getting to him. I feel sorry for anybody who has to play on that team. The Bruins have deserved their wins, and the Habs haven’t deserved theirs, so I’d like to see this go 7 games, so Boston can bow out honourably.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Habs sure ain't what they once were,
How could they, without a Guy Lafleur,
And winning the Cup never seemed so hard,
When we had our Serge Savard,
We cannot win, it's safe to bet
When there's no Dryden guarding the net,
It's out, it's over, there I've said it,
So, stop your hoping and just forget it,
I hope they lose and bow out quiet,
And spare our city another riot.

JAW fan

NB: Wow! I really am on a roll today. Who needs them magic gnomes!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I have a confession: I fully expected your hockey poem to contain referencs to locker room nudity. How wrong I was!

Maybe you're saving that for a baseball poem?

Anonymous said...

Yes, cause they are hotter!!!Where Hockey players are concerned let's face it:

When you're in gear and haven't any teeth
Who cares what you're packing underneath
Your balls may be huge, and so may your willy,
But who wants it when you look like a f**king Hillbilly.

JAW fan