Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Oh boy

This time tomorrow, I will be one of several eulogists (or eulogizers?) at my friend's funeral.

I've sent the text off to all our gang of friends and have been getting back positive comments. If I can avoid panicking and falling off a platform, or tripping and braining myself on the lectern, everything should be cool.

I keep thinking I should take a tranquilizer and a shot of something before the service, but that might lead to some Lucky Jim-type public speaking disaster. Sober I shall be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be fine. Perhaps not the time to be having anything slightly addictive beforehand, but there will be a wake afterwards??

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Yes, maybe a drink will not be appropriate in the church basement but we'll be going to a pub afterwards. There's a Newcastle Brown Ale with my name on it somewhere...

Anonymous said...

I say have the drink! but just one! Ms. Anon (al-anon)

Anonymous said...

As long as the "one drink" isn't "one six pack". - Mr. Anon.

cityofmushrooms said...

or a "wee dram" as himself might mutter