Sunday, April 13, 2008

So where's my billionaire?

If you're a brunette, you're more likely to marry a successful man than your blonde counterparts. A study analysed the hair colour of the partners of the world's top 100 billionaires to determine if there is a predominant hair colour wealthy men seen to go for. The majority by a long way were brunettes, with 62% of billionaires marrying women with brown hair. (Times of London)

Remember the days when the Times of London was a serious newspaper?

In other wealth news, an acquaintance of a friend of mine won a lottery last week. It is one of those cash-for-the-rest-of-your-life scratch tickets. I believe it is $1000 a week for life, and the person who won is only 19 years old. Apparently, the young lady in question has already bought a house. I guess every bank would know that she is an excellent mortgage candidate.

All week I've been trying to imagine what life would've been like if I had known from the age of 19 that I'd always have money. Without working. Unless I felt like it. And I could quit when I wanted, no risk. Or work only a few months of the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow brunette, I too am wondering where my rich man is!!!

Anonymous said...

If we could do what we wanted to
Mondays wouldn't be so blue.
Tuesdays, wouldn't be so sucky
and Hump Day would mean "getting lucky"
TGIF would be a meaningless motto
So, I think it's time we start playing the lotto.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I see poetry month is still a go