Sunday, April 20, 2008

In Hockey News

It's going to Game 7. I am well pleased.

I have noted before that I do not dislike the Canadiens, but I do dislike a lot of their annoying fans, and for this reason, I am often quite happy when they lose. heh heh. This being such an all-or-nothing town, the commentators were already getting their golf bags ready last night. Ye of little faith.

This being said, last night just before the game, I was on the phone with my 81-year-old Aunt Therese, who is a big fan of Carey Price. She had to hang up at 7:00 precisely because the game was coming on and she had to watch her favourite, Carey Price. Now the last thing I want is for Ma Tante to be disappointed, so I'll have to be rooting for the Canadiens tomorrow night.

You know what is a great Canadian moment? Having an 81-year-old widow hang up on you fast because the hockey game's coming on. I loved that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry folks...I've done my hockey poems for the month (see Hockey posting below) But here are some haikus for Monday morning...(have to ease into the week slowly.)

Had some beer last night
At five, my alarm woke me
I f**king hate work.

Now that spring is here
And I have put on some weight
No more chips for me.*

*(at least it is my intention, but we all know what the road to hell is paved with!!!)

Mister Locke is hot
His voice is deep and manly
"I won't screw ya, Wayne."

JAW fan

On a side note, I went to see Johnny Guitar last night (which I've always wanted to see)...Yikes! Joan Crawford and Mercedes McCambridge (sp?) make John Wayne and Charlton Heston look like pantywaists!

cityofmushrooms said...

the mushrooms feel honoured by your haiku genius, grasshopp-a