Thursday, April 24, 2008

Argh, I'm sick

I have a cold and I'm at home being miserable. Grrr. Sometimes circumstances just can't help but make me feel run-down, and then I'm out for the count. oh well.

The funeral was really nice. A small church, but pretty full up. I did not fall down, melt down and break down. In fact, the lectern was pretty high and there were a lot of flowers surrounding it, so my friends said they could really only see me from the top of my head to my cheeks. But the sound was clear, and my shaking hands were well-hidden so all was successful.

Linda's mother was very nice to me and seemed genuinely happy to see how many good friends her daughter had. She's a tough lady. She seems to have spent the last week supporting her distraught son-in-law. Linda's husband seems inconsolable. That was tough to witness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad.

N. =(

cityofmushrooms said...

shouldn't JAW fan a get well poem???

cityofmushrooms said...

(ahem)
I mean: shouldn't JAW Fan BE COMPOSING a get well poem...