Thursday, March 06, 2008

Surprise! Another post about the freakin' weather

Uncle

I give up. You win, Mother Nature.

What am I supposed to do? 18 cm of snow, plus I don’t know how much ice yesterday. I could barely lift the shovel. I cleared a narrow path from the front door to the street, and that was that.

Driveway? Who gives a f***? The car can sit there, encased in ice, until May. I really do not care anymore.

Side door? It’s permanently closed. If I have to haul my garbage and recycling bin out the front door for the next 6 weeks, so be it. I did it this morning. This is the new normal.

I just read we could get 25 cm more on Saturday. I weep. I'm definitely buying some alcohol. It seems like the only answer now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...do what I do...start drinking heavily in October...I've been buzzed throughout the winter...have barely noticed it...in fact, I find the snow banks much softer a blow (than pavement) when I'm stumbling home in the dark and fall.

JAW fan