Thursday, March 20, 2008

Long weekend on the horizon...

My boss has a weird quirk. She never lets us know when she is going to take a day off.

I like and appreciate my boss, but I don't know why a day's vacation is always a secret. This habit is both good and bad: Bad in that if I had something urgent to discuss with her today, I would be left hanging because I didn't know she wouldn't be in. Good because when I was told she wasn't here today, I thought, whooo, long weekend starts now! Just how much work am I going to do today? Answer: Not much.

In my defense, I will be having one meeting today with a very difficult person. That being said, are those 10 to 15 minutes really justifying a full-day's pay? Probably not. But at least I'll be doing something unpleasant so I'm not a total time-waster.

And I'll probably do a bit of regular work. Fortunately, I'm back on my counterfeiting and forgery task, so that it always fun.

No comments: