Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spitzer, Part Two

The more I read about this Spitzer investigation, the more I’m convinced the guy’s an idiot. Quote: suspicious financial transactions reported to them (the investigators) by banks found several unusual movements of cash involving the governor of New York.

He’s using money from his office? Traceable money from his office? What a maroon.

Why didn’t he just hire cheaper hookers and pay cash?

I know it didn’t work for Hugh Grant, but still.

If this was just a hooker thing, and not a money thing, I would let him off the hook. Let the wrath (and lawyers) of his wife come down on his head. That would be enough.

Also, if I was the wife of some high-profile dumb ass who got caught in this situation, there is no way in Hell I’d be meekly standing by my man at the press conference, looking all wifey and supportive. I’d tell him to go out there and face the press all by his lonesome dumb ass self. Then I’d hold a separate news conference just to ask: Can you believe what a dumb ass my husband is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will never understand women who do that 'standing by your man' thing, especially when its all so public! The humiliation! You have to wonder what the deal is.

As for the money, lets face it, when men are thinking with other parts of their anatomy and not their brains, anything is likely to happen.