Sunday, March 16, 2008

Chips!

The first time I set foot in Saratoga Springs, New York, a weird sensation told me that this must be my spiritual home. And today I learned why.

Potato chips were invented there. In 1853. One would think 1853 would be in the history books like 1066 or 1776. But no. How wrong this is.

CBS Sunday Morning had a feature all about chips today. It directed me to this great web site: taquitos.net where they review all kinds of snack foods. These are people after my own heart.

http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?page_code=6

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...Those FAQs on the chip site were definitely written by Period Queen.

Can we sue???

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

sounds like internet-crack,folks

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Didja notice there a separate page just for Pringles? I'm in love.

I don't think you should sue, but you may want to get them to attach a Seal of Approval that says "Period Queen Approved".

cityofmushrooms said...

where's those period queen t-shirts and coffee mugs? eh? eh?!!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

PQ should've made somebody rich by now.

Anonymous said...

I fear she will forever remain a three-issue superheroine.

JAW fan