Thursday, March 27, 2008

Legends of the Fall

Sometimes I hates my own laziness.

There's a big patch of ice at the foot of my porch. Over a week ago, I took out the salt and planned (oh, some day) to spread salt over the ice to help the thaw along. But did I do that? No.

So this a.m. I'm hauling out my garbage bag and zoooom out go my feet from under me and SPLAT down I go.

My left leg twisted like a fusilli. My ankle is effing throbbing now. It feels like a corkscrew.

On the bright side, I still have a lot of post-op pain killers at home. So this evening I might just down a few of those babies and see what happens. And if it still hurts in the morning, well, I might just have to stay home and rest it, ice it and elevate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one of my coworkers just dislocated her shoulder doing the same thing. time to spread out the salt!

N.