Monday, March 03, 2008

Le Big Boss

Max is mighty! He's the mightiest.

And what can I say about Bruce? I've seen him 9 times over 30 years. That's more than I've seen some of my relatives. No wonder my sister says we talk about him like he's a member of the family.

Night is an awesome opener.

During The Promised Land, I got goosebumps. I could feel the little hairs on my arms standing up.

The man is joyful. His obvious glee kept building and building. By the time he got to the encores he was exuberant. Grinning, laughing, strutting, bubbling. Born to Run sounded so fresh. It sounded like he still loves singing it after, what, 32 years? 33?

In the afternoon, my sis had said "I just want to hear Jungleland". So when the piano started tinkling, her eyes went wide, and she looked at me and asked: "Is it? Is it?" I said: "Yes, it is". That was worth the price of admission. She was so happy.

We were on our feet for over 2 hours. When I got home, I had to take Motrin 'cause my legs were aching. Imagine how he feels.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

bruce the age-less

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm guessing your are grateful to Ticketmaster for sending you that reminder email......look what you would've missed!!!

I don't want to start something here (oh yes I do!!!) but my favourite Bruce song is 'Born to Run'.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Where'd my comment go?

I posted a comment that Thunder Road is my fave, even though I feel guilty and wrong about picking a fave.