Monday, March 31, 2008

Play Ball!

I was flipping last night and saw that the Washington Nationals' home opener was on. Then I saw that the President of the USA (my friend!) was to throw out the first pitch. I was on the verge of switching stations, when I had this thought: "Maybe he will get booed."

So I watched. And yes he did. It was very satisfying.

Poor simpleton. He has so little direct feedback from "the people" that his little head must've been spinning. "Some folks don't like me? Why? Waaaahhh" he must've thought. Then he had a nap to rest after all that thinkin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think its pretty traditional to boo the pollies when they do these things - not many get cheered do they?
Here its all about George meeting our Kevin and trying to 'spin' the withdrawl of our troops from Iraq as a good thing, when of course, before our election, it was going to be a disaster of biblical proportions.