Saturday, May 20, 2006

What's in a face?

Saw Thank You for Smoking today. Not a bad movie. A couple of laugh-out loud things, the main one being an incredibly funny shot of Rob Lowe wearing a kimono.

But he’s not the subject here. The subject is Aaron Eckhart. Looking through his particulars on the IMDB I realize that I haven’t seen him in any other movie except In the Company of Men. So my question is, is his face his destiny? Meaning, has he ever played a character who wasn’t a totally arrogant s.o.b.? Because he does have the quintessential face of a totally arrogant s.o.b. This may sound like I don’t like him, but I do, and I do think he is handsome. Does he only play awful, awful men? I suspect he has been doomed by his ridiculously cleft chin. It screams arrogance.

I tried to find a suitable picture, but this is what I came up with. He actually looks kinda nice here. Maybe I’m defeating my whole premise with this conflicting visual ...





1 comment:

cityofmushrooms said...

true
he never looks that friendly in the movies