Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Farewell My Lovelies...or...Adios Amigos

I must bid adieu to my beloved Doritos. I had a doctor’s appointment today and Dr. S. told me I had to lose some weight before I saw him again in 6 months or else he’d be strongly recommending cholesterol medication. We’ve been playing this game for several years now. I’ve behaved myself just enough to dodge the medicine threat, year-in and year-out. But this time, I think he’s serious. Wah!

When I got back to the office this afternoon, I really wanted a cookie to drown my sorrows, but I had a banana instead. Just for this, I swear, I feel like somebody should give me a medal.

Oh, the sacrifice. I wanted to say to him: Just how many vices do you think I have? Food is it, honey. Take away my snacks and I might as well throw in the towel on all fun. I cannot live on Yop alone...as tasty as it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of advancing age...

There is another way of looking at this - I've been on this medication for a couple of years now and I see it as a chance to eat the occasional evil thing (fish n chips is a fav) in the knowledge that the pills will keep it under control (it is).

cityofmushrooms said...

next, you'll need to get yourself a bed of nails to sleep on
and I've got a hairshirt you can borrow

we grow old, we grow old...

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Oh, hairshirts are so old-fashioned. I'm thinking of getting a cilice, you know the barbed wire thing that goes around the thigh that is such a hit with the Opus Dei gang. I want to be in with the in-crowd.

And, susie, fish is healthy. Therefore fish'n'chips can never be evil. The chips and batter are just the reward for eating the healthy fish.

Anonymous said...

See? You've got nothing to worry about if you can justify it like that!!!!

(er Rattansifan, don't they have pastries in Cleveland?)