Thursday, May 18, 2006

In Religious News...

Harpers reports: “In Kenya pilgrims were traveling to Mombasa to see a miraculous tuna with a Koranic verse inscribed into its scales. "God," reads the tuna, "is the greatest of all providers."

I accept that this is pretty impressive, but can it compete with Asparagus Jesus?



I’m a bit skeptical on this one. Is it still miraculous if a dead asparagus plant looks not like Jesus but like some other guy with a beard. This plant doesn’t look like Jesus to me; it looks more like Paul Bunyan.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, who made that nifty little piece of artwork? I'm thinking its no 'divine intervention' there.

cityofmushrooms said...

my favourite is still the face of virgin mary on a grilled cheese sandwich isn't that the one sold on e-bay?

Anonymous said...

Yup, grilled cheese Mary is indeed the big e-Bay seller. It too is my favorite, although I'm guessing it probably doesn't smell too great.