Thursday, May 11, 2006

Keepin' them hurricanes honest

June 1, the official start of the hurricane season, will soon be upon us. You know what this means: Anderson Cooper hanging onto a lamp post.

Why oh why is Anderson so easy to mock and why do I derive such pleasure from mocking him? I like the guy, but there’s just something that makes me want to see him ducking errant tree limbs and flying telephone booths.

If a hurricane forms in late May, does it get scolded by god and told to go back and sit in a corner off the coast of Africa and wait its turn? Or does it have to go to the back of the grid or, worse, start from the pit lane?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's because Anderson is such a petite flower. He looks like an ordinary gust of wind could knock him over at any moment. He's also on the cover of this month's Vanity Fair talking about Hurricane Katrina and the suicide of his brother. I was alarmed at first to see his little elf-face peering out of my mailbox the other day.....

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Don't knock the Weekly World News. Where else can I get my Bigfoot news?
And Bat Boy. Let's not forget Bat Boy!

Speaking of American royalty I wonder how Patrick Kennedy's rehab is going...