Monday, May 29, 2006

Livin' in a Dream World


Remember, at the start of the Iraq war, the Iraqi Information Minister, the one the Western media called “Baghdad Bob”? He went on and on about how Saddam was winning this great victory while Baghad fell and destruction of the regime was all around him. I remember finding that guy admirable in his stick-to-the-scriptness and hilarious in his insistence on victory in the face of certain defeat. We all enjoyed him, didn’t we? He was so funny.

I think of him every time I read a statement from Bush saying that “Iraq is at a turning point” and “victory is just around the corner”. How many turning points can you have before you realize you’re just going around in a circle. I have no doubt that Bush believes his fantasy as deeply as Iraqi Information Minister believed his. So why aren’t I laughing?

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

didn't bush already claim the war was won?

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»