Sunday, May 28, 2006

A Quick Note on Bob

I know, I know, nobody cares, but I’ve been listening to Bob’s radio show that I have found on the Internet. This must be copyright infringement so I’m sure the site will have to close down soon, but at least I’m catching some of it now.

Anyway, my point is not that it is great because it’s Bob, although Bob is tres cool, and apparently was born to be a deejay, who knew? The point is that Bob is playing the most obscure and fantastic old records I’ve ever heard. He has great taste. Big surprise. I’m flabbergasted, delighted and thrilled by the records he’s playing. It reminds me a lot of some CBC shows where you hear tunes you never hear anywhere else.

Should you care (and I know you don’t) you can find Bob at: www.whitemanstew.com/2006/05/12/bob-dylans-theme-time-radio-hour

Is anybody still making records that sound like this? Probably not. What a loss.

2 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I gave it a quick listen. I think I will surf back to it throughout the day.
You know, you might make a Bob fan of me yet.

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

I'll make a fan of you or I'll die tryin'.