Friday, October 30, 2009

Should I or shouldn't I?

I just went to a presentation about Toastmasters, the public speaking group.

This is the kind of thing I need so badly, but it scares me so much just the thought of it makes my hands shake, and waves of nausea come over me.

I know I'm the kind of person this is meant for.

They have their meeting here in the building at work every Friday. It would be so good for me to get comfortable with public speakinig. But it scares me shitless.

Should I join? What if I barf the first time I have to make a speech? What if I don't sleep for 3 nights before the meeting? What if? What if? What if?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to "speech" about anything??? If yes, then just get up and talk about chips...bring an assortment of flavours as handouts, and before you know it the crowd'll be in the palm of your hands.

On the flip side, they might just laugh at you, resulting in the expulsion of your own barf atop your newly-polished shoes and the accidental wetting of your slacks.

You decide.

JAW fan

cityofmushrooms said...

I think if you got up and talked about chips, you would a) be a hero to everyone who follows this blog and b) go down in toastmasters history!