Friday, October 23, 2009

Cold Soup

Aw, everyone from our t.v.-watching childhood is dying. Now it's Soupy Sales.

Problem with t.v. today? Nobody on it is named Soupy.

I guess this completes a very minor celebrity death threesome for the past week or so. There's was Capt. Lou Albano and the guy who wrote the theme song for The Addams Family.

Speaking of which, all the obits talked about the snap, snap of the Addams Family theme, but he also wrote the Green Acres theme. Which was pretty awesome. That didn't get enough reporting. Of course, the Green Acres theme is really only at its best when performed by Mr. Anonymous, complete with theatrical gestures. You are my wife! Good-bye city life!

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

I hate the green acres theme
tho might change my mind if mr a put his rendition of it on you tube

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

What's to hate? It's so catchy.

cityofmushrooms said...

it's like preston manning SINGING

Anonymous said...

Only a Westerner would think that! And don't forget - you're secretly from the East.

Don't go searching youtube for my version - it ain't never gonna happen!

Anonymous said...

Argghhhh! I'm so busy these days, I don't even have the time to mourn Soupy's death or discuss the merits of the Green Acres theme.

Stupid work...for your sake, pray that my April isn't this busy...or NaPoMo's going to be one sad month.

JAW fan