Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Elections

Sunday is municipal election day. And what a choice of prime candidates we have!

I agree with one editorialist (maybe it was in the Gazette) who said the city of Montreal is so broken and corrupt, the election should be cancelled and the whole joint put under trusteeship.

I mean, really, when the best candidate is the one who appears the least corrupt, and he also happens to have written a 9/11 conspiracy book accusing the Bush admin of orchestrating it, well, that is really sad. And that's the guy I'm voting for! A nutcase! But he appears to be a not-yet-corrupted nutcase. Give him a few months, he'll be as dirty as everyone else.

I guess I should just be grateful that my garbage is still being collected, and that the city trucks have been taking care of all the piles of fallen leaves too. I suppose this service is also a mafia contract. Whatever.

This raises the point: is it really worse that contracts are all won by the mafia if the day-to-day work is still being done? Maybe if the mob ran candidates and openly ran as The Mobster Party, they would do a good job. Isn't that how Chicago is run?

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

ah, more nostalgie from mtl!

Anonymous said...

I have no clue as to who to vote for...all I know is Tremblay should be kicked out...but replaced by who?

I will vote for whoever blogmistress says I should vote for...Let it also be known that this will be the first municipal election I ever voted in...Any thing different than a Provinical or Federal election? Is it less formal? Can I show up in slippers? Will cookies and milk be served?

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Vote for Bergeron! these are your orders.

Voting is the same as usual, ID and appropriate footwear are required.