Thursday, October 08, 2009

I hate peaceful music

There's an Egyptian lady who sits down the hall from me. There are no other staff between us, the only in-between office is empty.

She likes to play Zamfir-type pan flute music through her computer. Most days she keeps it quite low and I can't hear it.

But all day yesterday it was just a bit too loud, and I could hear this weee-weee-weeee just enough to annoy the heck out of me.

This morning, I just sat down, and the music was at the same volume. So I had to go and ask her to turn it down just a bit. She was very apologetic, and I think I was pretty nice about it.

But it feels like it is already registered in my brain, and between the sound of the heating and the sound of the PC, I swear I can still hear an echo of the weeee-weee-weeee.

Pan flute music makes me want to kill somebody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there's a lady in my office who blasts old irish songs until 9 when everyone comes in so I put up with it for the first half hour, but sometimes it does just stick in your head. Danny boy!

cityofmushrooms said...

the irish rovers I can take
but it's death to the pan flute!

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

The question is: is she also drinking Irish whiskey? A wee tipple from her desk drawer?

cityofmushrooms said...

well then she should have been pogo-ing to the pogues