Friday, October 31, 2008

Putt, Putt, Zoom

My cousin is learning to drive. She got a job that requires her to go between Montreal and Quebec City regularly, so she must drive.

She's 48 years old. And taking driving lessons.

I feel for her. I got my license at 23. To this day, I still hate my sadistic driving instructor, Darryl. He did his job well, I passed my test, but I hated him. Darryl the asshole.

I did not get behind the wheel of a car for 14 years after that. So, at 37, it was like having to learn all over again, and I did not have a choice. I HAD to drive.

I can only imagine what my cousin's going through. (Stay away from LaPrarie!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and the 20 is the worst with tailgators. At least it's one straight road with Drummondville in the middle for tim's, gas, la belle p. etc. Mr. A. always loved that drive (not).

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

La Belle P in Drummondville is our usual place whenever my sis and I go visit our relatives. Mmmm, such tasty fries.