Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Local Election News

The winning Liberal got 44% of the vote in my riding. That seems quite low considering how the Libs have traditionally done here. I guess I'm not the only person tired of seeing the Libs coast in this area.

In other news, the Marxist-Leninist candidate got: 187 votes. Hmm. This is interesting to me for two reasons: 1) some of these people are actual Marxist-Leninists! They exist! and 2) even those who are not real MLs cared enough about voting to go the polling place and mark a ballot. Good for them.

10 million eligible Canadians did not vote yesterday. Shame! I don't want us to turn into the US. People in other countries are willing to die for this voting crap/right. We should respect that.

5 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

and therefore harper's at the helm

Anonymous said...

I went to go vote directly after work...only to find out that I didn't have the correct identification with me (stupid new rules)...so I went home, exhausted from work, thinking "screw this! I ain't voting...the bloc's only going to win anyway."

Then I thought, "hmm, what would Nanuk think if she ever found out I didn't go vote."...So, I put my f**king shoes back on, got my stupid f**king identification and returned.

The two drinks I had before leaving did help to relax me...I just hope I wasn't too tipsy and drew my x out of the allowable circle space.

JAW fan

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

Bravo. I have trained you well, grasshopper.

cityofmushrooms said...

bevvvvvvarrrre the wrath of nanuk of the north, eh?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

My political wrath is not to be tinkered with!