Friday, October 10, 2008

Kumar Update

(Aside: Work e-mail finally seems to be fixed.)

Finally met him. It went much, much better than I anticipated. Which, since I had no expectations, isn't too surprising, I suppose.

He's very nice, very mature. But the moment that really made me go hmmmm was when he said he likes to write about international affairs. He then took 3 packets of sugar, laid them on the table and said "This one is Afghanistan, this one is Pakistan and this one is India." And then gave me his explanation of the tribal zones between A'stan and P'stan, and the history of P'stan and the US. It was a meeting of geo-political nerd minds. Anyone else's eyes would've glazed over, I suspect, but I paid close attention.

I also noticed at that point that his hands and fingernails were very clean. (Bonus points!)

How very odd this is. But in a good way.

3 comments:

cityofmushrooms said...

clean fingernails!
political brain!
what more could a girl ask for?

Nanuk of the North, older but no wiser said...

And youth! Don't forget youth!

cityofmushrooms said...

yummy yummy youth